Canon Scan Lide 300
Summary of Features
- Advanced Z-Lid accepts books and other thick media for scanning.
- Entire unit runs off USB power.
- EZ Buttons enable quick scanning in a variety of situations.
- Documents can be immediately uploaded to cloud services like OneDrive or Dropbox
- Operating System Compatibility – macOS/OS X, Windows, Linux
- Maximum document size – A4/Letter (8.5″ x 11.7″/216 x 297 mm)
- Scanner buttons4 buttons – (PDF, AUTO SCAN, COPY, SEND)
- Scanning bit depth – Color: 48-bit input (16-bit input for each color (RGB))/ Windows: 48 bit or 24-bit output (16 bit or 8-bit output for each color (RGB)) *2Mac: 24 bit output (8 bit output for each color (RGB) Grayscale: 16 bit input or 8 bit output.
- External dimensions – Approx. 9.9 (W) x 14.5 (D) x 1.7 (H) inches (250 x 367 x 42 mm)
- Weight – Approx. 3.6 lbs. (1.7 kg)
As with most scanners, be they flatbed or sheet-feed document machines, with the LiDE 300 you can scan from either the panel on the face of the chassis or from one or more of the software utilities on the CD-ROM that comes in the box. The LiDE 300’s control panel consists of four buttons. Each one initiates a scan, and when it finishes, the scanner tells the software on the host computer what to do next, as follows:
PDF saves the scan to a PDF file based on parameters you set with IJ Scan Utility.
Auto Scan determines the type of item on the scanner glass and then scans and saves it to the appropriate file format. Text documents, for example, are converted to PDF or one of the other text document formats, based on the settings in Scan Utility, and photos are saved as JPEGs or another supported graphics format.
Copy sends the scan to the printer designated in Scan Utility.
Send pushes the scan to a designated email address or application. You might, for instance, want to send scanned photos to a photo-editing program for tweaking.
Finally, in addition to scanning paper-thin media, the LiDE 300’s lid can be adjusted to hold thicker items, such as books and magazines.
Scanner Type: Flatbed
Max Resolution: 19200 x 19200 dpi
Scanner Media Types: Cut Sheet Paper, Printed Paper (Laser and ink), Pre-Punched Paper, Bank Checks, Business Cards, Freight Bills, Carbonless forms, Plastic Carrier sheets for easily damaged documents, previously stapled media with staple removed
Auto Document Feeder: (80 sheets of Xerox 4024 75 g/m² paper)
Supported Operating Systems: macOS/OS X, Windows, Linux
Connectivity: USB 2.0
Weight: Approximately. 3.6 lbs (1.7 kg)
Dimension: Approximately: 9.9 (W) x 14.5 (D) x 1.7 (H) inches (250 x 367 x 42 mm)
Power Supply: Supplied via USB port (No external adapter required)
Power Consumption: 4.4 watts (ready), 0.8 watts (sleep), 0.1 watts (off), 0.1watts (auto-off)